Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Making a button in a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

rana

Technical User
Jul 5, 2000
US
Howdy,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;I would like to make a button on a form that would save the information in the controls of that form but also change and save the same information if they do not belong exclusively to this form.&nbsp;&nbsp;For example, if I had a combo box that said Room on a form for Buildings and this &quot;Room&quot; is linked to a Room in a table Buildings and one in a table Item.&nbsp;&nbsp;How could I make a button that saved the change to both the Rooms in the two tables?<br>

It sounds as if what you are using is a foreign key situation, where you would like to cascade updates.&nbsp;&nbsp;Am I on target with my interpretation?<br>Drew

also sounds like a notinlist property in a combolistbox to drop the feild name into another table thru DAO code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back