Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

makefile for windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaisa

Programmer
May 14, 2002
IN
hi All,
I am trying to get the information about the makefile for windows. This is to optimize on the build process for my project.
Can anybody help me in knowing the command that are used by windows to compile, link, making executable, making libraries which i can use in the makefile for windows [i think these are the commands from the command lines ... i am not sure about it]?

Thanks in advance.

Sanjay

If you already created a project & workspace in Visual Studio, you can do this:
Code:
msdev Test.dsw /make "Test - Win32 Debug"
where Test.dsw is the name of your workspace file, and "Test - Win32 Debug" is the Configuration line you see when you build in Visual Studio.
This is on VC++ 6.0. I'm assuming the process is pretty much the same on later versions.
Run: msdev /? to see the syntax.

On both 2003 and 2005, msdev is called devenv (lives in Common7/IDE) and there is no make parameter. Go to the Common7/IDE directory and type devenv /? to see the parameters.

It probably lives in Common8/IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back