Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

make the display last longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekphone

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2003
US
I have a definity G3v8 and when I press the disp time and date button it appears but only for a few seconds. Is there any setting that I can change in the switch to have stay on linger or always be on.

check page 9 on the system-parameters features screen and make sure that system updates time on station displays is set to Y. This should display date and time permenantly on the phones.

I believe that only the 6400 series phones will leave the time up permantely on the displays

As stated by orypecos, the 6400 will display permanently as will the 2420.
The 8410 only displays for 5 seconds although the 8434 will display indefinitely. :)

check page 9 on the system-parameters features screen and make sure that system updates time on station displays is set to Y. This should display date and time permenantly on the phones."

This is actually on page 7 and it makes no difference how long an 8410 will disp date-time. I even set it to no and the disp acts the same.

The system parameters forms will veri in lenght depending the the software version you are running.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Rather than use the phone for time and date, I have it on my computer, and up all the time, not like current windows. A friend of inported from windows 3.1 the time/date feature that was deleted in the later windows loads. I can size the time and date and put it anywhere on my screen and it is a lot more convenient than on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back