Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

make text vertical in column header - Business Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkrauseuf

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2007
US
In Business Objects 6.1, is it possible to have the text in a column header run vertically as opposed to right to left? I'm basically looking for something similar to the feature in Excel that allows you to choose Format then select alignment and change the orientation of the text...am I missing it in Business Objects or is it even possible?

It's there on the alignement tab. However, it may not work the way you want. If it's grayed out, then it won't work.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

There's nothing grayed out on the alignment tab...so unless I'm missing it or misunderstanding something, I'm not sure if it's possible at all. The options in the alignment tab change the position of the text in the cell (center, left, justify, etc.), but none of these options change the way the text runs (essentailly I'd like to see the text rotate 90 degrees). It just might not be a feature business objects can support.

Did you try the settings for the table header? There is a setting somewhere, though the effect is not identical of what is possible with excel..

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back