Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

make tables visible--plzz help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmilyca

Programmer
Apr 30, 2006
US
Hi,
I dont know lot about bTrieve. When I try to import in access I get an error "This datasource contains no visible tables" but If I copy same folder to other computer I can see those tables.
What can be possible cause that makes tables invisible? I am using xp pro, vb6, pervasive sql 2000 & Datadirect 5.0

Thank you

Brian

A few questions:
- What's different about the two computers?
- Does the Pervasive COntrol Center show all of the tables?
- When you copy the folder, does it have all of the DDFs (at minimum FILE.DDF, FIELD.DDF, and INDEX.DDF)?

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Technically No difference in two computers..both comp have windows xp pro,office,
visual studio 2003 on one and visual studio 2005 on other
delphi 7 on one delphi 2006 on another

thats it..other wise same pervasive 2000 & data direct 5.0

Yes I copied everything and all files are in one folder.

Sometimes computers sucks huh? :)

THere's something that's different between the two machines.

Does PCC work?
Does DEMODATA work?

One more question, why are you using the Data Direct driver? Why not use the Pervasive driver?

Mirtheil

You know..I dont know how to make work PCC. because all my data is in C:\Client Data\4183 folder. I tried to open in pcc using unc path \\localserver\Client Data\4183 I get an error couldnot create database. Demodata i couldnot find it either. Dont know what I am doing wrong.

Using Pervasive Driver I dont know reason..thats how they been using for long time..Im new to this project.

You think installing delphi 2006/ visual studio 2005 is problem?

I do not believe Delphi 2006 / VS.NET 2005 is a problem.
Is the data in the same place ("C:\client data\4183") on both machines? You might try moving it to a "short" path ("C:\data\4183").

Mirtheil

Yes they are both same place on both machines. I copied Demodata from good machine and copied in same folder where pervasive install and try opeing it..it give me same error.
Also Tried short path it says databse couldnot be created

WHat happens if you create a new database in the PCC pointing to the "C" drive (rather than the local server)? For example, Pervasive installs DEMODATA into C:\PVSW\DEMODATA. Do those files exist? If not, copy them from the other machine and create a new DSN.
Do you have any other tools (other than Access)? Do they fail?

Mirtheil

Oh..do I need to create DSN? How I use it after I create DSN? No I couldnt find demodata in C:\PVSW2000 . So I copied demodata from another machine. and tried to add it gives me same error couldnot create daatabase. When I check version of PCC on good machine it says version 8.00.114.000 on bad machine it says..1.0.147.1

Before I installing pervasive sql 2000. I installed pervasive 7. But it didnt work so i thought there is problem with pervasive driver so i uninstall it and install pervasive sql 2000. that can be problem? im on gmail --shmilyca@gmail.com.

WHoa.. You say the PCC on the "good machine" is 8.00.114 but on the "bad" machine, it's 1.0.147.1? Those are two different versions of Pervasive.
What's the version of W3ODBCCI.DLL and W3ODBCEI.DLL on each machine?

Mirtheil

Which one is latest? V8 or V2000? you think installing V8 would solve my problem? I think I hv Pervasive version 9 too. What is good way to solve this problem..Installing V8 or v9?

Which one you use depends on you and the application you are using.
THe version progression is:
PSQL v2000 -- 7.50/7.51/7.82/7.90/7/94
PSQL V8 -- 8.0/8.10/8.50/8.60/8.70
PSQL V9 -- 9.0/9.10

At this point, I would suggest simply upgrading the "bad" machine to the same version that is on the "good" machine.

Mirtheil

Thank you for you patience. I sincerely appriciate you help. Ok I will do same thing. Hopefully it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back