Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make Table Query sort not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

applestoapples

Technical User
Apr 7, 2022
US
I have tried several different ways to get my data to sort properly. I have been using text fields and also number fields and each time I run the make table query - it puts the data into a different sort order. The query has 2 tables that it is using to create another table. The table it creates is not in order (sometimes no issues and others it changes the sort each time I run the query)

I cannot figure this out and it is driving me crazy.

Hi,

A "table" is an unsorted relation. Fugedaboudit! Think of your table as a bag of marbles. You sort your marbles when you take them out of the bag: execute a query

You sort in a QUERY of your table.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is comprehensible" A. Einstein

You Matter...
unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared, then...
You Energy!

Some people say: the data in a table is like marbles on the back of a pick-up truck. Every time you ask for data, the order may be different, unless you [red]say[/red]:

[tt]Select …
From …[red]
ORDER BY …[/red][/tt]

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back