Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make Table Query Confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilboy916

Programmer
Nov 10, 2005
GB
Hello All

I have a macro of make table queries in access. These are to run automatically overnight.
If I add setwarnings=false into the macro, I do not get warned if one of the queries fails.
So, I have added some code in the macro to turn the three options off in access for query confirmations (Document deletions, Action queries, etc).
At the end of the macro I switch them back on.
Bobs your uncle.

However, With the make table queries, access asks if you are sure you want to delete the table before recreating it.
Is there a way to switch this off in code too?
Or perhaps a way to flag up errors with the setwarnings off?

Cheers in advance.
DB

a way to flag up errors
How do you expect to do that in macro ?
I suggest you to convert your macro into VBA code.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

The problem I have here is that there are upwards of 800 queries to run in this procedure.
So converting them all to VB is not at all feasible.

Each macro contains a set of queries that the user needs to run, and do some manual calculations in between. So the only way I can see of doing this is by having a list of macro's.

The process is far too log, and I have far too little time to code it all up!

Any other suggestions on how to turn the delete table warning off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back