Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make Samsung Galaxy S2 into iPod Touch (like device)

Status
Not open for further replies.

03Explorer

Technical User
Sep 13, 2005
US
I have a functioning phone and I want to make it into a media device (Disabling the phone functionality). I am currently running Linux and I've searched YouTube to find a plethora of information. I am looking for someone who has done it and can give some advise.

*If I have to, I have dual boot into Vista, which I prefer not use (I'm finding that platform to be unreliable vs Ubuntu)

Thanks in advance!

You would have better luck at XDA or Slatedroid or other dedicated to android machines, as you would need a new rom.

Simply Remove any active sim card from the phone to render all Phone features inoperative. Then it can work as media device. You'll still have the apps, like the dilaer and messages, but they will not work.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back