Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make "New Message" open in maximised window 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroppy

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2002
AU
Hello,

A little question...Can't remember how to do this...How do I make "New Message" or "Compose New" open in a maximised window every time?

Thanks

M

Open a new message window. Maximize it and then close the window. Now every message you open afterwards will be maximized.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

I was about to Thank you and send you a star and all for the prompt repy and guess what...it doesn't work. Now I know I've done it before. so ??

Maybe I have to restart.

Hmm...I'm working on OE 6 here with XP...at work, where i want it to happen it's Win 2k with ?OE.

Thanks though

M

That was for Outlook. Sorry didnt know you meant OE.

For OE you have to resize the message. Open a new message, grab a corner with your mouse and extend the size to what you want it (don't use the maximize button). Once you sized it close it and open a new message.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Or if you want you can try this freeware as well. Personally I haven't used it myself so I can't vouch for the type of performance.

joegz

Oh thank you...

Here's a star for your prompt service. It seems like such an insignificant thing (and it is) but is a great help as I have an OE class to take with absolute beginners. The less toolbars visible, the less general confusion and panic!

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back