Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make it so logon cant be bypassed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAHIR07

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
US
Does anyone know how I can keep people from bypassing win98 logon to pc on a network connection? A link or description would be great

Thanks in advance

Another thing to add, I think for that to work, you must force windows to log on to NT network domain. Its somewhere in your network properties area. (sorry I cant remember!) Information is free....dont hog it!

If this is a domain, you can set a policy on the server which forces win98 users to log on (they can still get in via safe mode - if they're determined - you can also disable the safe mode menu - setting in msdos.sys - can't remember which one, but could probably find with Google).

I think you are looking for the proper windows networking way to do this, but heres what I know about keeping people off the machine at boot up. I tried this and it has a password lock in the MBR at the bios boot level that I imagine would be hard to get around... It's here
PS: It's a very nice boot manager too. It'll hide drives, boot to anything, password protect each type of boot up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back