Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

make install error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakishoner

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
US
System specs:
Sun Sparc e450
Solaris10
Apache 2.0.54
configure options:
./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --prefix=/usr/local/php --with-mysql=/usr/sfw --with-gd=/usr/local/bin

***Thanks for looking into my problem. Any and all help is welcome!

***./configure and make process fine. Just when make install is ran I get the error:

bash-3.00# make install
Installing PHP SAPI module: apache2handler
/usr/local/apache2/build/instdso.sh SH_LIBTOOL='/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool' libphp5.la /usr/local/apache2/modules
/usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --mode=install cp libphp5.la /usr/local/apache2/modules/
cp .libs/libphp5.so /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so
chmod +x /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so
cp .libs/libphp5.lai /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.la
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /usr/share/src/php-5.0.4/libs'
chmod 755 /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so
[activating module `php5' in /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf]
Installing PHP CLI binary: /usr/local/php/bin/
Installing PHP CLI man page: /usr/local/php/man/man1/
Installing PEAR environment: /usr/local/php/lib/php/
ld.so.1: /usr/share/src/php-5.0.4/sapi/cli/php: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/share/src/php-5.0.4/sapi/cli/php: symbol gdImageCreateFromGifCtx: referenced symbol not found
Killed
make[1]: *** [install-pear-installer] Error 137
make: *** [install-pear] Error 2

***I have added /usr/ucblib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH= but same error. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for some guidance.

The missing symbol "gdImageCreateFromGifCtx" is interesting to me because of the problems cause by multiple versions of the GD libraries. One supports GIFs, doesn't.

Did you use the GD library that shipped with PHP, or did you download and compile your own? Is GIF support turned on in your compilation of PHP?

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions!

TANSTAAFL!!

sleipnir214:

I actually installed a precompiled gd version. from sunfreeware. Should I use the bundled version of gd?

I would either compile the software myself or use the libraries which ship with PHP. I've had problems (on Linux) doing what you've done with recompiled libraries, and I think the problems stemmed from the lack or presense of GIF support.

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions!

TANSTAAFL!!

sleipnir214:

I will try to compile gd for myself first, then the bundled and get back to you with the result. Thanks!

I compiled gd for myself and configure, make, make install went flawlessly. Thanks a lot! I tend to forget the troubles that precompiled items can pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back