Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make disk image of vollection Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

saby1001

Programmer
Apr 14, 2017
IN
Hi All,
I am trying to make a disk image of a collection.
I have given the below configuration details

Map value :eek:pt/les/temp/POC/
File chache location : opt/les/temp/POC/
When click submit to initiate disk image it is getting initiated.

But when i checked into target location where it is creating disk. Only folder structure of disk image is created and actuall contents of collection are missing.

Audit of the collection items showimg disk image initiated but ideally it should be something like completed or successfull.

Being just a beginner to this technology i am unable to find the issue.
Please anyone can help me out.!!

Perhaps I would try small and check all these things in a single server.The Collections Disk Image will work only if your Admin server is working

the opt/les/temp/POC/ tells me you are on a Unix style of machine which means the LL service user or its profile needs complete access to that path
Physically verify as the same user as the LL service user such a path exist .Then "touch" or make a file as that user.

The Map value is for an end user to pick that file without trying to get it from a server like a webserver

Unix and Linux are much more finicky about file paths,cases and such like but since it is creating folders i think something is going wrong
there is a browse link that will allow you to change it

Do you see traces?

in my server it says this Default File Cache Settings
File Cache path: C:/appData/webapps/CS16/remotecache/<************************2099X784251934926
The last part is based on the First or Default Admin Server signature and some time stamps

That means the same service user i use to run my livelink will be used by the Admin Server Process(Java) to burn files

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Thanks james
It got resolved, Well it apeared to be a archive server issue as one of its cluster was offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back