Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make Ctrl + P print using printer defaults

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbugsy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2002
I want the ctrl + P hotkey to not bring up a properties window. Or if that cannot be done to "grey" all of the options in the properties window except "print".

I am running an NTE 4.0 system with IE 5.5 SP1.

Kiosk mode with absolutely NO functionality including all hot keys except Ctrl + P.

In this particular case I am preparing to deploy 100 Neoware appliances with NTE to a "restricted" user base. It took me only 2 days to create a compeltely secure environment including the modifications to the firewall, ISA server, access lists and MAC address port specifications on the switches. I was hoping to save my self a little time for the last step "securing the printer options window" so I decided to check out this forum.

This is my first time visiting and so far what I have seen as I searched for an answer was basically nothing more than elementary reg hacks and a lot of people who have limited troubleshooting skills trying to get answers to simple questions.

If you have some information that could save me a little time I would greatly appreciate it. If not maybe you can point me to someone who can help.

Brainstorming dictates that the first answer that comes to mind (however sophomoric) would be repeated:
Reassign Ctrl+P to batch file...that prints silently.

I am looking for something a bit more elegant. Reg hack, config setting etc....something I can easily control though policies etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back