Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

make changes to BizTalk Project 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GISbatchu

Programmer
Aug 22, 2005
US
Hello all,

I am a newbie to BizTalk. I created a project in BizTalk with source and target schemas,map with inline script functioids and a pipeline. I compiled and deployed it. It works. But when i modify my map (links and inline script) and save changes and re-run it, the new changes are not reflected. Here is what I did:
1) I deleted the Send/Receive ports (I am sure I do not need to do this but I do not know any alternative).
2)Undeploy the assembly
3)Make changes to map and save
4)Build and Deploy the project
5)recreate the Send/Receive ports

But still I do not see the results based on the modifications to the map. Is the above sequence correct to save changes to a BizTalk Project (I am using 2004)?

Thanks for your time
Kiran

Yep the procedure seems about right! No need to delete the Reeceive and SendPorts.
Heres what you should do:

- Open up the Health and Activity Tracking and Terminate all Suspended Instances (If there are any)
- Undeploy your Assembly
- Save changes and Build
- Deploy your Assembly
- Apply the Map and Pipeline to the Ports
- Restart BizTalk Server

That shold work.

There are easier ways of doing it:
- You could either script yourself a Build and Install Routine. This makes sense as your Project grows and a lot of dependencis might occur. BizTalk provides an WMI Interface for you. Just look at the Scripts Microsoft delivers in the SDK Folder.

- Activate Redeploy
Right click on your BizTalk Project in Visual Studio
Click on the Folder Configuration Properties
Select Deployment
On the right side you will see an Option saying Redeploy
Set this to true

Once you have done that you dont need to Undeploy your BizTalk assembly by hand prior to deploying.

If any changes you have made are not showing up after deploying, always check your Health and Activity Tracking if there are any Suspended Messages. Terminate those.
And make sure you always Restart BizTalk.

This is a very valuable resource every BizTalk Developer should have:

HTH, Stephan

Stephan, Thanks a lot for your tips and suggestions. They have been very helpful for me. Hope to get more from you in future.

Thanks again
Kiran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back