Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make backup of NS700 config and download to PC? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobHLiton

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2021
US
Hi Friends,

This should have been the very first question I asked:

How does one download a backup copy of the config so I can load it back if I make a mistake?

Does this system have this capability?

Is there a way I can store a config copy in the system so I can revert to that config if something goes wrong?

A primer on backup and restore capabilities for this Server/Network engineer would be fantastic. :)

Thanks!

If you log in as INSTALLER, in the top right hit the Hammer icon. On the left, open up the Utility Menu on the left, click File, click File Transfer PBX to PC.

In the new screen, type(Case sensitive) DFSYS

Highlight the only option then, then click Transfer in the bottom right. This will save the file to your default Downloads folder.

This file name changes based on the type of system you're working on(NS700, NS1000, NCP500, etc..)

One thing to note. This does NOT save any voicemail messages, or recordings such as Greetings or Custom Service Menu recordings. Those are done through the Tool Menu on the left, under UM Data backup, and I usually go Manual backup so that I can pick and choose what to save.

Hope this helps

Got it. DFSYS backed up! Thank you

At the moment I'd like to also save the recordings uploaded to the Custom Service as I'm about to overwrite them.

I downloaded "System Prompts". It downloaded BKP files Prompt1, Prompt2 and CustomerServiceMenu.

Do you think that would cover it?

Apparently this system does not have DSP option.

Thank you again!

Well this saved my but today, had to restore to yesterdays config. Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back