Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make an HTTP call from a different IP address...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMAdam

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
US
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone had some insight on how to do this: I have a FreeBSD server that has a dozen or so IP addresses assigned to it, that it answers for. My question is, is it possible for a PHP page hosted on that server or a perl script to make an HTTP request to another server and actually CHOOSE which of the assigned IP addresses gets used for the request, instead of always the same default IP address of the box?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Adam

Actually, something of this nature would probably be best done in Perl, which has a lot more capability than PHP for network programming. Try asking this in the Perl forum.

However, if you really want to stick with PHP only, then you should check out PHP's socket functions ( This is still an experimental module in PHP, though. -------------------------------------------

"Now, this might cause some discomfort..."
(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back