Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make a vector line around a BMP etc. clipart

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatRenner

Technical User
Mar 10, 2005
US
I am new to Corel Draw 12 and need to put a Vector line around an image with a solid white background. I am using this for a laser engraver and want to print the image and use the vector line to cut the image out. The simplest way possibe.

IF its not too complex the easiest is to use your biezer tool located 3 down from the top. Jus add a point to every major direction change on your object. (Hint: make your bmp transparent to about 30% and its easy to trace over). Then convert all of you lines to curves and move them around to fit the image.

There is an autotrace feature in corel, but i find it does not work very well. It seems a little tedious to do it the afformentioned way, but with a little practice it should be fairly simple. This also gives you awesome results and will be continually handy in the future.

The previous post is right or try it in Paint and masks and create a path from the mask. To be honest if you are going to be doing alot of this a different application may be better, I happen to use Signlab and this sort of thing is almost 1 click but I'm sure there are others but for occassional use Paint and Draw are fine. (SickBastard - maybe a different name would be more appropriate here even if it is accurate *joke*)
Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back