Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make a text field = to 2nd column of combo box 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehsguy77

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2004
US
I want to make a text field equal to the 2nd, unbound column of a combo box. I don't know if it's possible. The combo box has a select query data source with 6 columns, #1 being the bound column. Furthermore, the combo itself is not a bound control. The information is used to print a report.

Any Ideas?

Hi!

To get a value from the second column of a combo, and place it in a text control:

[tt]Me!txtText.Value = Me!cboCombo.Column(1)[/tt]

Roy-Vidar

Me!textCompanyName.Value = Me!cboCompany.Column(1)

Sheesh, that's more or less identical to the code I'm using, but I keep getting the "Can't assign a value to this object" error. Any ideas on this one?

Also Form.AllowEdits & .AllowAdditions are set to True.

help!
RK

Hi!

The most usual reason for this error, is that the control contains a calculated controlsource.

I've read somewhere, that if the control is not enabled, there might be challenges, but that works on my system. But it must at least be visible.

Roy-Vidar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back