Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

make a text box invisible based on the record number

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdars

MIS
Dec 13, 2001
US
It seems simple, but I am having troubles. I have a form that captures information. This information has a "requested by date" field that the user will enter whenever they complete the information. What I want to do is have the "requested by date" text box appear on this form when it is opened and prefill with a date that is two weeks away. (I have done this already). The user has the option to alter this date if they want to. When the user goes to the next record on the form, I want the date in that text box to be brought forward to the new record, and have the field become invisible(or locked) so the user doesn't see it anymore. The date is for the "group of records" that the user is entering, so I only want them to enter it once. They can't have the ability to change this date from record to record as the group of records they are entering while the form is open must have the same requested by date. If they want to change the date, I would like them to do it on the first record only.

I don't know if this is a good way to go with this or if there is a way to use a subform to accomplish this. Any assistance is appreciated

Use the got focus event of the field that you tab to after the date. In the event set The default value of the date to your chosen date and set the visible property of the date textbox to false. Might be better to use the enabled and locked properties for the date, so the user can see it but not change it.

The user may not tab following the date entry, so that method will not work. In addition, I need this to be either invisible or locked when the user goes beyond the first record.

Unfortunately with the way we do business, they want a default date, but the ability to change it also. Maybe I need to reconsider the way I set this up, but I was not wanting to do that if I wasn't forced to. This was a last minute additon to the product before it goes to production and I did not want to make it to extensive. Any further input is appreciated. Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back