Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Make a hyperlink in a cell to open an outlook e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoki

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
TW
Hi everyone,
Recently I have a idea derived from google desktop which could search a lot of outlook e-mails and there is a link in the search result page that direct me to open the e-mail from outlook. Could I make the similar hyperlink in a cell of an excel worksheet too? Does anyone have the same idea and find the answer already? Thanks for your help.

Have you tried to create an hyperlink in a cell with mailto: as target ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

hi PHV,
Thanks a lot for your reply. My English is not good enough and always feel difficult to explain clearly what I thought.
Actually I don't want to create a new mail to a known e-mail address by clicking the hyperlink. What I want to do is when I click the hyperlink, the specific existed mail will open from outlook. The purpose is I may try to make some action registers in an excel file and hope to keep a link to the original mail that I could always try to review or check out. Google desktop could allow you search and read the mails of MS outlook in browser but also create a link for you to open the mail from outlook. I wonder if every existed mail has a unique identification code or google just create some source codes to make this possible.
Still thanks for your kindly response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back