Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

make 2 tables from one make 2 table querys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpreston

MIS
Mar 4, 2015
GB
Hi

I have a make table query that creates a table from linked tables from SQl, this works fine.
What it does is brings in order rows by an order number (again this works)
I have a free text field that we can enter free text into and then this goes to a crystal report (again working fine)

The requirement as changed and I think I may need to create another table and link it somehow.

Instead of free text now, we need to add per potential order row, other rows of information
For example

Line 1

(headings or field names) Pack Number, 1.5, 1.8, 2.1, Pieces. M3Total (and under here we need to enter free text)

So under row 1 we could have
Pack Number
1.5​
1.8​
2.1​
20​
10​
0​
0​
10​
20​
etc....

However then order may have more than one row so Row 2 could then have multiple rows with pack number etc....

What I cannot figure out is how to make another table that could store this information (then make it as a subform fro entry purposes) but keep the entrys related to the rows and then the order number.

Sorry if I have not explained it very well

Any ideas please

Thanks

I did this through another table which is updated from the main table, then a sub form linked with order line, works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back