Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Major migration from Access97 to Access2000 - Is there a property that

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBendBuckeye

Programmer
May 22, 2002
US
Current client is about to embark on major desktop rollout (hundreds of PCs) to Office2000. The problem is there are a handful (don't know how many) Access97 applications that will be out of sync with the main process.

Most of these applications create Excel files for transfer between departments and corporate office. Is there a property you can set that would force Access2000 to create Excel97 files until everyone was implemented?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Have a great day!

Your biggest problem is likely to be that Access 97 databases don't run in 2000 without being converted- and then sometimes they need bits recoding!! This could be a real headache if there are shared Access apps running and only some of the group are upgraded, although there is a workaround if you need it...... Nigel
Didn't someone say work is supposed to be fun? They didn't have computers then I guess....

Sorry for the miscommunication. My question has to do with user 1 importing a file into either Access or Excel 2000 and then saving it. User 2 who hasn't been converted yet tries to access the files created by User 1 and cannot because Access 97 won't recognize the new formats.

Is there a way to change the global defaults with things like DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet, etc so the default is Access97? That way they could be changed back once the implementation is completed.

Thanks again for the responses and have a great daY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back