Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Major Alarm for CO Trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlinc

Programmer
Feb 12, 2002
US
Trying to troubleshoot a customers co trunk issue. This is on an S8300 w/ G350 gateway. It seems that they have a recurring co trunk alarm. When you call the main number there, the auto attendant doesn't always pick up. Sometimes it just rings and rings. So, I'm assuming that call is hitting one of those co trunks when that happens.

Not a big Definity/S-Series guru so I'm just trying to get an idea on where to look, and what to tell Avaya since they will most likely be out there at some point.

On 8/22, I was notified of this alarm by our monitoring software: 08/22/2005, 09:48 L: MIN E: FabickCAT T: MIN 112V401 CO-TRK Problem is on Board

Does this sound like a LEC issue, or something in the S8300? I have the ability to remotely connect to the server and poke around, but that won't do me much good if I don't know what to look for.

Jay

I may not be able to fix it, but I certainly can't break it any further- Jay

You need to start off in the alarm and error logs Jay. "disp ala" and "disp err" should get you started. I am not sure that I have ever seen a Co trunk throw in a Major alarm so my first thoughts would be a bad board. You can test it (test bo xxxxx l) and then look up the error codes and pretty much pin it down. This link should help with the error codes.

Post if you run into trouble with this and we will help you.

Mike Jones
Louisiana State University Health Sciences center

Thank you very much, Mike. I'll do that and see what I get. I've got some Definity background but it's just enough to be dangerous, lol...

Jay

I may not be able to fix it, but I certainly can't break it any further- Jay

Thats why we are here brother. Let us know if you need any more help.

[wink]

Mike Jones
Louisiana State University Health Sciences center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back