Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Major Alarm after restore to new hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

derfeus

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2009
CA
Hi folks!

Any advice for resolving this situation?

I backed up a database from a Mitel 3300 MX controller and restored it to a CX controller.

There is a major alarm now. SHOW STATUS ALARMS shows this output:

------------
Current System Alarm : | MAJOR | viewed from Active
------------

---------------+--------+-------+-------+-------+---------+---------+----------
|Total In| Unavailable | Alarm Threshold Percentages
Category | System | Total | % | Alarm | MINOR | MAJOR | CRITICAL
Lines | 252 | 4 | 1 % | Minor | > 0 % | 20 % | 100 % |
Trunks | 14 | 12 | 85 % | Major | > 0 % | 10 % | 100 % |

I'm guessing it's seeing the built-in analog ports and trying to use them as trunks. The "Analog Trunk Assignment" form shows 12 Hybrid LS ONS trunks. I do not need them so is there a way to cleanly handle this?

Thanks!

It's been awhile since I've looked at these, but is it programmed in the Analog Services Unit Configuration form? If I recall, they come up as 'Not programmed', change it to the installed type.

I'm not sure what the exact procedure is for going from an MX to a CX (bigger to smaller). One thing I would also check is the number of voicemail ports, the MX has 30 by default, the CX has either 4 or 16 depending on the hardware configuration. My guess is that also needs to be cleaned up or you may have some odd experiences.

The databases between an MX and a CX are not compatible!

You cannot do this without corrupting your database.

Option 1:
Take a backup of the CX as is and restore to the CX. This will remove the incompatible files. You must rebuild the lost data manually

Option 2:
Go back to your MX and remove all programming related to analog devices and voicemail. take a backup and restore this to the cx and then rebuild manually

Option 3:
Wipe the CX. Rebuild the CX 1 form at a time by exporting same from the MX (this is the method I would use.)

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back