Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maitre'D vs everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpizz

Technical User
Feb 1, 2012
US
Has anyone worked with Maitre'D in the past? Im trying to find a demo of the software before we buy it. I am also wondering what kind of database they use and how easy it is to retrieve data from it.

In the past they used a propriatary database engine. I'm not sure if the switched over to SQL yet. Look at Squirrel they use a SQL database.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Coorsman,

Thanks for the feedback. I wonder why so many POS providers use proprietary databases.

Most of the older / bigger pos systems were written before SQL.

Cheers,
Coorsman

I really like Maitre'd it has alot of useful options and all are integrated within the core of the software. I specifically like the integrated inventory system. When you run out of an item in the inventory then it can auto 86 an item and show a coutdown.

Also - great pizza/delivery & (mapping) & caller ID)/ pre-order / hand held (all integrated) software upgrade is free - not version specific.

Maitre'd and Squirrel are both canadian companies and have been in the business since the 80's.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Coorsman,

Thanks for the feedback. I will take a look into Squirrel and Maitr'd a little more if your suggesting it. It sounds like they have a good overall product but I wonder if they share there database sachem's or if anyone on the forum has some they would be willing to share. I'm always hesitant to get locked into a POS system with a proprietary database unless they give me the keys to access it for free.

Sweet.. looks like a great system. Thanks for the help

The new version of maitre'd is 8.0 and is SQL.

Cheers,
Coorsman

Thanks for the link and man... you must really be happy with your system. :) its like the rest of us and our apple products.

Coorsman I think at least you are an expert in Aloha and yet you prefer Squirrel is that a fair way to put it? I'm researching multiple systems for a purchasing decision 6 months from now and (if it doesn't violate some rule around here) can you give me an idea why you'd recommend a system that I think has such a small market share vs Aloha which I'm pretty sure is the biggest boy on the block?

Sorry I have to bite my tongue on that one. Maybe after a few I'll chime in again lol.

Cheers,
Coorsman

i know im a little late, but kpizz, im been working on Maitre'd for over a year now, they just (last month) came out with their sql based version and working with that is a brezze, we are a quick service place and have enjoyed working with it for some time.

Eegees.

Do you know where i can get a test copy of Maitr'd and how many people are switching over to the new SQL based version?

Thanks,

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back