Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maintenance Ring back 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignose21

Programmer
Jul 4, 2003
GB
I some systems you can add a feature code to maintenance test phones, call the code, put the phone down, system rings you back, some play announcement of your extension number. Is there anything like that in IP Office or could be setup in VMPro?

I didn't have VM Pro at my home office when you posted this so I couldn't play with it. You can create a VM Pro mod that will read the ext number back to you. Use a generic action to set $CP0 to $CLI. Next to a generic that the entry prompt is $CP0. When you dial the short code it will read the ext number back to you.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Is there a way to get it to ring the user back, I was thinking use CLI to populate $CP0 then use that to set a alarm for current time, hopefully when they put the phone down they get an alarm call back. Problem I have is for IPO I have to go to either Lab or Customer site, both not possible right now.

Use a post dial. But you will need to set a user variable to store the CLI for a second module. Use a post dial action that points to a different module that is set up like the one above to read it back to you. Use the CLI variable for the post dial target extension.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Been a while but finally got around to try this, it works but there seems to be a long delay. Dial the Short code for first module it says "Forwarded" and disconnects the call, then a large delay, then called back, says "This is an IP Office Office outbound alert to continue press #", press # and it reads the extension back and clears down. Is there a way to alter the delay it seems to be set at 5 mins.

First Module
start------Set User Variable (in specific assign "Callback_Id" with $CLI)------Post Dial (in specific post action, in "post the following action or wave file" name of the second module, and to extension $CLI)

Second Module
Start-----Generic (in specific set CP1 with user variable "Callback_Id")------Generic (in Entry Prompts order 1 $CP1)

Ok I know why it does it just not sure how to get around it. So the VM tries to send alarm call instantly but user still on the phone to the first module, it fails and shows in the Outcall list in VMPro client, the failed retry for the alarm is 5 mins later. Is there either a way to set the alarm call for current time plus 5 secs, delay the alarm call 5 secs, worst case would be alter the alarm retry if that is possible?

Its ok all sorted just add a "Complete Sequence" to the Start Point and an entry message of "please hang up...." to the set user variable in the first module then when the post dial kicks in user is ready for the call. Thanks for your help budbyrd for getting me there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back