Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maintenance plan still references deleted databases on SQL Server 2005 SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBugSlayer

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
US
I have been dealing with the mystery of a non-existent database that the daily maintenance plan tries to backup. The plan obviously fails, database and log. There is a weekly plan than runs on Sundays; this one completes successfully.

We are running SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition SP2. I learned today that in SP2, the maintenance plans script is not updated to reflect that a database has been deleted and that SP3 takes care of the issue. A solution could be to recreate the plan altogether (I have tried updating and saving it to no avail). Since we are two SPs behind, I guess the best choice is to update the servers. Have you ever dealt with this issue before? If yes how did you solve it? Also, should I be aware of anything while updating the SP on the server?

Thanks for your help.

MCP SQL Server 2000, MCTS SQL Server 2005, MCTS SQL Server 2008 (DBD, DBA)

I actually had the same issue as well as another with cleaning up database backup files. After doing research which indicated that it was a bug that was resolved in the latest service pack. I installed service pack 4. I went from SQL Server 2005 SP2 to SQL Server 2005 SP4 and it resolved both issues. Service pack 4 installed with no problems.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility!!! [afro]

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back