Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maintenance Plan Reporting Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmarkdavies

Programmer
May 22, 2001
GB
I have craetd a Maintenance Plan in SQL Server 2000 which backs up Transaction Logs and Databases and e:mails a Report to me on completion. This all works fine apart from the "Delete text report files older than:" setting on the "Reporting" Tab in the Database Maintenance Plan.

I have set it to delete files older than 1 day, but the plan has run for three consecutive days doing successful backups, but no report files have been deleted !

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Thanks.

itsmarkdavies@hotmail.com

if i understand correctly when you say "to delete files older than 1 day" it ONLY deletes the database .BAK file each day ONLY in that directory
Is it doing that?

And you have reports but they are not deleteing if so where is the path (what im getting at are you using mapped drives)

Rishi (mcsd,mcdba,mcp)

No, I am not talking about .BAK files, I am talking about the actual Text Report files (on the "Reporting" Tab of the Maintenance Plan), and I am not using a Network path, it is a local drive on the server.

Thanks.
itsmarkdavies@hotmail.com

I had a simmilar problem but it didn't delete expired transaction log backups.

Maybe you can try the following to see if it's similar

My problem was due to the recovery model if it is in simple recovery it doesn't delete obsolete .TRN files

Try it and let us Know

Rosko
For more info MS KB (Q303292)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back