Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maintenance of NNM Mapping Persistence

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonsdarkside

Technical User
Mar 16, 2005
US
Team,

I’m hoping to get the benefit of anyone’s advice who has had the pleasure of ensuring that custom NNM maps are recoverable in the event of server re-boot and/or stopping and re-starting of OV services. The engineer who was in charge of mapping here prior to my arrival, experienced a number of challenges with his maps turning back into “spaghetti” diagrams after he had spent hours (and in some cases days) setting up user maps. Naturally, I don’t want to repeat this journey. I have made modifications to map in the past, and don’t recall having issues of this description, but I know I may have been lucky in past as well. I’m interested in hearing from anyone who has lived through this pain and found a solution. The engineer who was working this challenge before was on the threshold of recommending an NNM mapping product called Amerigo. I would be interested to hear comments from anyone who has worked with this product as well.

Thanking You,

Larry Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back