Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maintenance log - Please Explain

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieV3

Programmer
Mar 8, 2006
GB
Hi,

At one of our sites, (MXe III running MCD 4.2), in the early hours all calls in and out stopped. I checked the maintenance logs to see what was happening, and I saw this message repeated for over a 100 pages, covering only a 1 hour period.

“MsSetLastError()->041 RC_MS_QUEUE_FULL Message System queue is full QueueName =STH Message System queue is full”.

This is the full log

Log Type Software
Log Number 703
Severity Warning
Date 2012/Oct/03
Time 04:59:19
Source MSG
Description MsSetLastError()->027 RC_MS_ENQUEUE_ITEM_FAILED Message System failed to append a message to its queue QueueName =STH Message System failed to append a message to its queue
Module Main
File Name and Line Number ms_err_en.c;491

I rebooted the controller, which fixed the issue, but would someone be able explain the nature of this issue? I've logged this with our maintainer but they just said the system stopped recognising the calls. I understand that this log indicates an issue with the messaging/signalling to the controller, but I would like greater clarification.

Thanks!

Do you have Resource Recovery enabled??
Check with the maintenance command Programmed Reboot Display

It should be enabled by default, but if not then the system will run itself into the dirt & eventually stop processing calls (as yours appears to have done). Periodic rebooting is a mandatory requirement.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

I have the reboot set. In fact, the reboot occurred an hour and a half before the fault manifested. I'm leaning towards a service not starting correctly after the reboot, but I also have courtesy reboot set, so that should have really sorted that out. The maintenance log isn't helpful. The logs only go back to the time the fault occurred, and all I can see for 200 pages is the original message at the top of this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back