Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maintain lines using different font sizes. InD CS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

halthewalker

Technical User
Oct 7, 2004
GB
If I have a page of copy, 4 columns (or whatever) with lots of small articles in it and I want to head each piece up with a bigger point size, is there a way I can get all the lines to, well, line up?

It all seems to go a little awry.

The down and dirty way is to use different text frames for each article. You just have to make one frame and then clone it as necessary. You can then move things around to line up.

Using OSX 10.3.8 on a G4

Are you referring to aligning to the baseline grid? Adjust the paragraph styles' setting for aligning to baseline grids.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Brilliant.

Thanks a lot jimoblak.

I've actually been using the jmgalvin method for months now on a monthly mag.

With any luck, it'll start looking a little more pro from here on in.

The downside to aligning to the baseline grid.
Just so you are aware,
Is that you won't be able to adjust the leading, to squeese anything in , for example. Because you have everything locked to the base line. there fore any Leading adjustment will have to be multiples of what ever the baseline has been set to.

Marcus

If you try and have the headings at a point size that is a multiple of the body text, it will be easier to get alignment e.g. if body text is 10 pt, make the headings 20pt or 30 pt. The other trick is to adjust para spacing in some of the text. Even 0.5mm can make a difference that is hardly discernible to the reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back