Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mainframe z/OS 'ASN2289W Error'

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyimp

MIS
May 23, 2000
US
Hi, everyone...

For a Production MQ Series setup, we have 2 different Q Managers in 2 different RACF/storage complexes. Using the IBM Replication Center software (Ver. 9.5), we have defined Q Replication Maps at each DB2 server. The Replication Center offers a validate Queues function which also sends test messages. We receive the ASN2289W error (I cannot find this in the tek-tips site anywhere), saying that while the queues successfully sent and received test messages from the send to the receive queues, messages successfully exchanged between the admin local and admin remote queues had their content distorted. I have not been able to determine precisely where to look to resolve this problem; possible potential solutions appear to be: 1) the format field of the MQMD being set as MQFMT_NONE, and 2) the 2 Q Managers listening at the same port. I would very deeply appreciate any additional advice!! Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back