Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mainframe to PC PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbzh

Programmer
Aug 7, 2004
US
I am creating a PDF file on the mainframe, by reading a mainframe print file (FBA 133) and within a data_null statement outputting it to a PDF file using ODS.

When I ftp the results to the PC, the page breaks which appeared on the mainframe (in the first column) are not honored in the PDF. Is there any way around this?

In essence I would like what appears on my mainframe screen
to appear on the PDF including Page breaks. So if I am copying a report from the mainframe, I would like the page headers and footers to be included on 1 PDF page each.

Thanks

Ibzh - Hiya, I've never done ODS on the mainframe, there was no ODS when I last used a mainframe to do SAS. There's a few possible causes for this, for a start your mainframe is probably using EBCDIC character set and the PC is ASCII, so translation from one to the other can cause problems.

A search on the SAS Support site has given a few results though. (search string - ods pdf mainframe page break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back