Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Main report is displaying duplicate records based on subrpt records

Status
Not open for further replies.

psharma1

Programmer
Nov 16, 2009
US
Hi,

I'm a new member and I hope I would find some solution to my problem here. I'm using Crystal XI to create a report with 1 subreport attached to it. The report prints 1 record per page where the detail section is from Main report and the group footer has subreport. Based on the parameters selected by the user I have suppressed those records that have no record show up in the subreport. The report is working fine. The only problem is that for a main record if the subreport shows 3 records, the detail section is displaying that record 3 times. There are duplicate records showing up in detail section based on the no of records pulled up by the subreport. How can I suppress those duplicate records, please help!!

Thanks in advance!
PS

Group by the common account number, or whatever it is that identifies the records as duplicates. Suppress the detail line, show details in the group footer.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

Also note that this effect is an illusion. A subreport itself can't affect the number of records in the main report. I will bet it was the use of the linking fields for the subreport, and not the subreport itself that caused the duplicate records. Those fields were probably in a sleeping table that got activated when you linked to the subreport. So it may be that if you used fields from a different table to link to the subreport that this problem would go away.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back