Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Main Menu Bar lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpl458

Technical User
Sep 30, 2009
US
Suddenly I don't have a main menu bar when I open ACCESS. (File Tools etc). I do use "MenuBarctl (False) in another application, but I hae before permanently lost the main menu bar on opening access. Any help would be appreciatied.

Thanks in advance

jpl

I'm assuming that MenuBarCtl is a function or sub in your application, and that False is a parameter telling it to turn it off.

Therefore with that database open, if you press Ctrl G (to open the debug window) and in the immediate section type:

MenuBarctl (True) <enter>

hopefully this will reverse the settings it put in place.

If it doesn't, post back and I will tell you some other ways of getting to this.

John

Followed your instructions, but when I enter MenuBarctl (True) into the immediate window I get "Sub or Function not defined". When i ruhn the ACCESS application on my PC at home it works fine. But when I run it at work i don't a main menu bar. I carry the app back and forth on a flash drive, and it executes out of that. So the problem is with ACCESS at work. Main menus are ok on all other MS application e.g. EXCEL.

Thanks for the help. I am stumped.

jpl

How are ya jpl458 . . .
jpl458 said:
[blue]3 Sep 10 11:02 ... I do use MenuBarctl (False) [purple]in another application[/purple] ...
5 Sep 10 11:13 ... when I enter MenuBarctl (True) into the immediate window [purple]I get "Sub or Function not defined"[/purple][/blue]

Did you try [blue]jrbarnett's[/blue] suggestion [purple]using this other application[/purple] which contains [blue]MenuBarctl?[/blue]

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

Yes, tried with both applications. When I first open ACCESS the main menu bar is missing, so I cant get to the linked table manager in tools. At home everything is fine, but here not so good.

I am thinking that I might have to uninstall ACCESS and reinstall, but looking for easier solution. Could the problem be in my windows profile? I've read a suggestion on the web that says I should delete my profile from another log in then log back in and restart windows. Does that make sense?

Thanks

jpl

jpl458 . . .

Agreed! ... sounds like corruption at work!

See Ya! . . . . . .

jpl458 . . .

Out of curiosity could you post the code for [blue]MenuBarCtl[/blue]?

See Ya! . . . . . .

Problem fixed. Had to have administrator remove my user profile from windows. After logging back on all was ok with the ACCESS world

jpl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back