Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Main form and Subform data

Status
Not open for further replies.

allong

Technical User
May 2, 2003
US
I am working with a report that deals with hours. I am trying to get overtime hours for a two week period. My hours are calculated daily. I tried using a subform to pull up the second weeks hour , but if there is no data in the main form for a person in the first week then data will not show in the subform for that person for the second week. I need to show everyone working for a two week period even if they work the second week and not the first week.Is there anyone out there that can help? Thanks in advance and I hope the rest of the evening is a great one.

If the week data is in a subform, it is likely it is stored in a separate table. In the form design, change the link between tables to an outer join so it will display people with no overtime at all, and set defaults of no overtime on the entry system so it will store data when no overtime takes place and a record will exist.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back