Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mailx

Status
Not open for further replies.

snayak

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
Hi,

When I run the command mailx -s "This is testing" oracleinform@yahoo.com ctrl-D , it doesnt send mail . Please let me know how to troubleshoot .

Thanks,
With regards

Hi

Have your DNS resolve yahoo mail exchanger???
execute nslookup

nslookup -ty=mx yahoo.com
Saludos:
Lo mio no es el ingles (se nota)

If you type mailx on its own and check your mail have you received any messages about unsuccessful delivery? They may help you find out what the problem is. Annihilannic.

Hi,

There is no error as such mailx command accepts the message and delivers but on the other end it doesnt receive .Any log which I can check . Please help.

Thanks,
With regards

Hi,

There are no error messages in /var/log/syslog as well it just says accepted for delivery but the mail never reaches. How do I change the smtp mail server configuration for mailx command.

Thanks,
With regards

Do you have your SMTP server defined as the 'mailhost' in /etc/hosts? e.g.

[tt]1.2.3.4 mysmtpserver mailhost[/tt] Annihilannic.

Hi Annihilannic,

Yes I have put the entry as

1.2.3.4(IPaddress of my smtp server) smtpserver mailhost

Is there anything else I need to check.

Thanks,
With regards

This is just a guess as I know very little about this Sun stuff, but is the email server allowing relay?

I had a problem where a Sun server sending mail through my email server and email server needed to allow relay from the sending server. I added the Sun servers name to the allow list and things worked.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back