Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mailto Truncating Text in Message Body on Netscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

YogeshPancholi

Programmer
Jul 4, 2000
CA
I have a wierd problem that seems to be occurring on just one machine. I have a mailto link setup in an anchor tag on a page which pre-populates a new eMail message with the recipient address, subject text, and the body text. The message body text is over 200 characters in length.

When the user clicks on the link, a new eMail message window opens up pre-populated with the required information. This works fine on all machines tested, except one. On the errant machine, the eMail body text gets truncated.

All machines are running Netscape 4.x Communicator and Messenger.

Since it works fine on other machines, I suspect it is a configuration problem, but I cannot find the relevant item to change in preferences.

Can anyone point me in the right direction???

Yogesh Pancholi

"If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?"

URL's usually aren't allowed to be more than 255 characters in length. I'm not sure there's anything you can do about this other than using a form that mails the info via a server-side script. Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back