Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailto problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafmil

Technical User
Jul 15, 2002
AU
I am trying to send an automatic mail message with the body text already included but the newline character \n keeps coming up in the body of the message instead of an actual new line. Here is the mailto code I am using

mailto:Recruit@exco.uk.com?subject=PH182 - Safety Data Manager&body=Sector:%20Pharmaceutical\nPosition: Contract\n\nDescription: In this role you will be responsible for extracting safety data into the reporting system and identifying the general cause of any reporting issues and their possible resolution. You will become familiar with the safety profile of the research drug and be able to discuss this with others involved. The candidate should have a minimum of 2-3 years as a CDM and have some basic SAS programming ability. You must have previously worked in a UNIX environment and be an effective communicator.\n\nSalary: Competitive\n\nLocation: South-EastForeign Location \n\nContact: Ben Jaggers/Kristi Collins\n\nContactnum: 01279 812668\n\nstrEmail: Recruit@exco.uk.com

If anyone could help that would be great
Thanks

Hello kafmil,

Just replace %20 with %0A and it should work (at least, it works on my machine).

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

xso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back