Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

@mailsend problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabrane

Programmer
Aug 20, 2003
US
Hello,
I have a form which uses the @mailsend function to email a database link to users. when I test this within the database, it works fine. When I replicate it out to the internet and test it, the form is stored in the database, but the @mailsend doesn't appear to be working - no users recieve the email with the link.
Any one have any idea why this isn't working or have any idea what other ways I can approach this?

Thanks

What do you mean by "replicate to the internet" ? And do you test this function on the internet ?

Pascal.

I am on a network through my company and the web page has to replicate out to servers in another country. So I build the form in my office and post it to a database which is then replicated out to the other country.
I'm not sure what you mean about testing this on the internet - I built the form in notes and tested it locally using the database address for the form through a web browser and it works fine. When I test it on the internet using the it doesn't work.
I can't figure out if it is firewall problem or something of that nature or if I have issues with the Lotus Script.
Any suggestions would be a great help (I hope I've made it a little clearer).

Thanks

Okay, much clearer. You have servers around the world. When you test via browser on your own server, it works. Logical, but you are probably testing on the intranet.
You should talk to your network administrator and ask him what redirections and firewall conditions are in place.
When you say that you test it with the are you testing the same server, or a replicated one ?
In all logic, if it works on the intranet, it is not a code problem if it no longer works on the web - it should be a firewall problem, or a server settings problem. Do you know if the remote servers are set up the same way as yours ?

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back