Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailmarshall - Data Completion Status 451?

Status
Not open for further replies.

southside

Technical User
Feb 9, 2004
GB
Ever since I have made a change on the Mailmarshal Server to droute all messages for non-pop3 accounts to a different machine I get the occassional message blocked with a Data Completion Status 451? and occassionally "Interrupted" and "Send body failed <10054 - WSAECONNRESET>".

When I made the change the Mailmarshal key was reset and I re-entered the key with no problems.

When a message is blocked (I usually see 5+ a day blocked), they sit in the Queued Domains area waiting to be resent and are logged in the mail history with the above errors, although they never get sent just error all the time. The type of mail affected can be legitimate and spam but it is random as to which mail is affected and the time of day it happens. There are no changes to the data delivery path such as reboots to firewalls/routers etc as I have monitored this for a week now.

All other mail is unaffected but mail that is affected is lost as the only way to rectify is to delete the messages.

Can anyone please let me know what could be causing this problem or has anyone seen anything like it?

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Adrian Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back