Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailling lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemonkey

Technical User
Dec 5, 2000
GB
hi, im using ultra-dev, access and outlook 2000 and was wondering the easiest way to be able to have visitors enter their e-mail address in my site and every week my client to use thoes entered e-mail addresses to send a news letter too. What is the easiest way of doing it. Through access or can you put them straight into an outlook contact list. Is there anyway of sending a contact in an e-mail so the client is e-mailed and just has to click a button to add to their contact list cos that would be really good. How do you get a server to send an e-mail?
please help. thank you.
jamie

I have never integrated Outlook (contacts) and ASP before, I am sure it is possible but it would take some research. In terms of sending an email from a server you need to use a plug in like ASPEmail (from Persits Software) or something similar. You will find that most web hosting environments will have a service like this so you should ask. If you are doing it locally (ie. for an intranet) then download ASPEmail from and install it on your server, it is free. Using this plug in you can create an email object and send HTML email to whoever you like. You could quite easly setup a simple DB query that looped through the records in a database and sent a standard email to each recorded email address. You could even setup a page that listed all records with a check box next to it so your client could select who received the email, the options are endless.

Hope this helps, email me if you need more info.
sjf
simonf@ozemail.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back