Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailing List Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlZ

Technical User
Mar 14, 2002
US
So I have a few sales people that want to be on some mailing list.
One sales person is already on it & says he gets about 200 emails/day.
My recommendation was to create a distro-list & have emails sent to everyone that wants them. He said he'd rather there be a dedicated mailbox for them.

I think distro-list is the way to go - so nobody could delete something that someone else thought was important.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Use a Public Folder, and subscribe it to the mailing list. That way, everyone gets to have a personalised view of the content (including unread items, sort by conversation etc), and if you set the permissions up correctly no one can delete the content. You can even get the PF to automatically delete the email in it after xx days if you want it to automanage.

I agree with zb - a much better way to do it. Plus the single instance storage of Exchange will keep the size to a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back