Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MailForm Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ute

Programmer
Oct 16, 2000
NL
Hello,

On my website I want to make a mailform. A person can enter his name and e-mailadress and some other information. When clicking on the button a mail will be sent to me with the information he entered. That is simple and I have found some ways to realise this. Now I have the following problem.

In the form I can make an input type "file", I found out. But now I want to make it possible for the person to browse his harddisk to find a file he wants to send. That file has to be sent to me as an attachment of the mail. I have found several ways for me to send attachments to other persons, but no ways to for the persons to send attachments to me.

Is there any way to realise what I want? Does anyone have some code-examples for me? Or does anyone know some URLs where I can find some code-examples? I would like those examples in HTML, ASP or JavaScript or maybe Perl. When another cgi-script is used, I want to know where I can download standard scripts, because I have no oppertunity to make them myself.

Thanx in forward.
Greetz, Ute.

Is this what you mean? :

You can attach a file to the email using the tags below.

<input type=&quot;Hidden&quot; name=&quot;XX-attach_file&quot; value=&quot;complete/path/to/file.html&quot;>
<input type=&quot;Hidden&quot; name=&quot;XX-attach_file_name&quot; value=&quot;mailform.htm&quot;>

good luck!

Danny

That was not exactly what I ment. With that input type I can mail a file to someone else. But I want someone else to be able to mail a file to me via the form. How can I make that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back