Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox store problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noip

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2002
MU
Hi All,

I am not able to create any exchange mailbox in active directory for any user. The mailbox store option is disabled when creating new users.
Am using,
W2k server sp3
Exchange 2k sp3

Thanx for any suggestions...

Make sure your m drive (virtual volume) can be seen from explorer, if so then go into exchange manager and make sure that your mailbox store and public folders are mounted.

This can be found in the first storage group.

Since this post I have discovered that I'm getting many errors with my exchange server. The virtual drive for exchange cannot be found whatever. In the system manager, I'm getting unexpected errors and my server has disappeared in the 'Servers' tree. Reinstalling Exchange has not resolved the problem. Whatever, no clients have been configured yet on the Exchange server. The new installation seems to take the old configs. Is there a way of completely removing Exchange with all the configs and changes made so that when you reinstall, it's as if u r installing Exchange for the first time on this server.

Is your Exchange server configured as a AD Controller or is it stand alone?

This occurs if you don't point to DNS correctly.

Make sure the adapter only points to internal DNS.

Then setup forwarders to the ISP. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back