Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox Statistics-where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoppett

Technical User
Apr 17, 2007
GB
In ConsoleOne with a Post Office selected
Mailbox/Library Maintenance
Mailbox Statistics
Results to "Administrator" and cc to smoppett@yahoo.co.uk

What is supposed to happen? 12 hours later I was expecting a report of mailbox sizes to be emailed to me as administrator and also to my yahoo account, but nothing.

Am I missing the point, and how can I track what is going on?

Simon

It's been a while since I've touched GroupWise, but here is what the documentation says so I don't know why you didn't get an e-mail.

Specify a file name. By default, the file is created in the post_office_directory\wpcsout\ofs directory. To redirect the log file to another location, specify a full path and file name. Use a UNC path, or make sure the mapped drive path is from the perspective of the POA.

Click Verbose Logging to log detailed information. Verbose logging might produce large log files and slow execution.

This file will be sent to the users selected on the Results tab.

However, I would recommend a different method to view mailbox statistics. It's called GWMBSize and here is the link. It'a much better tool for viewing what's really going on with your Post Offices.

I am understanding this better now.

I have created the log file, and used GWMBSize to analise the results, but the log should be sent to the administrator, and I am not receiving anything.

I found the administrator field blank in Domain/Properties/Identifcation/Administrator so added myself, and I have rebooted the server, but I still get no email.

If I select "Individual Users", does each user get the log file as it applies to them?

Is there something else I have missed?

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back