Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox size exceeded error

Status
Not open for further replies.

dips00

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2005
US
Hi,
Whenever I try to send an email from Outlook2003, i get a box stating i have exceeded mailbox size limit but we do not have any limits in our domain. My 1.2gb mailbox is restricted from sending and reciveing email while other mailboxes that are 4gb and above are able to send email and recive just fine.
We do not have any policies in place. I checked my user settings in AD users and comp's on Exchange2003 and it is set to use "mailbox store limits". Thanks in advance.

Are you trying to send a message that exeeds the message size limit? By default, it's 5MB.

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

No, I was not even able to send or rceive a simple 396kb test email. All seems to wokr fine now, I moved my mailbox to a seperate storage group and then moved it back into the original one. Not sure what choked.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back