Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mailbox rights..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfgu

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2001
US
I am setting up a mailbox in the exchange server.. But i have no idea how to give specific ppl access to the mailbox.. When I add it under administrator... I goto the mailbox.. right click and edit the permissions.. i do the same under the inbox, outbox, etc... but when that specific user tries to add the mailbox in outlook.. it gets added.. but when he tries to open the mailbox.. it says permission denied... or something like that... any help would be appreciated..

thanks..

Did you think setting the NT account correct? With exchange administrator you can set the NT account so that the mailbox belongs to the right person.

In the exchange administrator you can also set permissions for certain people: go to the correct mailbox and look under the permissions tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back