Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesc0

Technical User
Nov 10, 2002
GB
Hello all, I am trying to recover mailbox stores from a windows backup. The backup was from a server running server 2003 and exchange 2003. The server has had server2003 and exchange2003 re-installed. I have now got as far as mounting the mailboxes into a "Recovery Storage Group" in exchange. However when I try to use Exmerge to move the mailboxes I get an error and it stops. The error in the log is: Error! Cannot identify the user with the msExchMailboxGuid \D6\40\CBK\16G\C8I\AFM\D9\24\E2\FD\F6\7D. The legacyExchangeDN is /O=FIRST ORGANIZATION/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=VCARVER.
[15:33:38] Mailbox '/O=FIRST ORGANIZATION/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=SYSTEMMAILBOX{75F31582-F55E-43D5-BAFF-B725040933AA}' will be ignored as its DN contains strings in the ignore list.

This error occurs for every mailbox in the Recovery store.
After 3 days of trying can anyone help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back