Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mailbox Quota Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

csjoseph

MIS
Jan 2, 2001
US
Does anyone know of a way to enforce mailbox quotas without affecting the users ability to RECEIVE mail?

I'd like to do the whole MS Exchange thing of not allowing them to send, but still allow mail to come in.

Thanks

I take it you are not using R7 ?

It seems to me that R7 does just that - put the users received msgs as per normal, but nag the user to death when he sends something until he sorts out the quota issue.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

We are using it, but it still sends the email. So the end user doesn't get to save in send items (most don't do that anyways) and it "nags" them (they don't seem to mind.

That is why I am trying to cut off the sending of mail.

After talking to IBM, and now you Pascal, I think we get what we've got. Thanks for your input.

Well I think IBM certainly helped you more than I did.
Glad you got the issue solved !

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Actually, I've raved about your previous posts, so after a call to IBM my boss asked me to post here to make sure.

So thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back